2020 Prep Starting Dates & Times
|Wednesday 29 January 2020 ||9.30am until 1.00pm
|Thursday 30 January - Friday 6 March 2020 ||9.00am until 3.30pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday*
|Wednesday 5, 12, 19 & 26 February & 4 March 2020 ||No School for Prep students*
|Monday 9 March 2020||Labour Day
|From Wednesday 11 March 2020||Prep students attend every day from 9.00am – 3.30pm
*Prep children are NOT required to attend school on Wednesdays until 11 March 2020. Each Wednesday is allocated to individual appointments with Prep children to participate in Department of Education & Training (DE&T) Online Numeracy and English Interviews with their teacher.
What to pack in your child’s school bag
- Play lunch/Recess e.g. muesli bar, fruit, a sandwich, sultanas or any other small snack and lunch for the second and third day (lunch is NOT required for the first day) – no nuts please
- A refillable water bottle
- A piece of fruit (or vegetable) for fruit break
- School sunhat
- Spare underwear and socks in a named zip lock bag
- Art smock
- Library bag
Please ensure that all clothing and belongings are clearly labelled. See our labelling guidelines at http://beaumarisnorthps.vic.edu.au/parent-information/uniform/
Drop-off and Pick-up
Upon arrival to school on the first day, please help your child to locate his/her named bag peg, place school bag on the peg and proceed into the Prep Learning Centre to meet your child’s teacher in the classroom. Once you have said your goodbyes, we recommend leaving promptly. At the end of the first day (1.00pm), please collect your child from his/her classroom.
Upon arrival to school on the second and third day, please help your child to locate his/her named bag peg, place school bag on the peg and proceed into the Prep Learning Centre to meet your child’s teacher in the classroom. Once you have said your goodbyes, we recommend leaving promptly.
At the end of the second and third day, your child’s teacher will walk the class out to the following designated areas:
- Green Room (Prep A) – grassed area between the Senior Learning Centre (Year 5 end) and Prep deck
- Blue Room (Prep B) – grassed area between the Senior Learning Centre (Year 5 end) and Prep deck
- Red Room (Prep C) – grassed area near the Office
- Yellow Room (Prep D) – grassed area near the Office
Please wait in these areas to avoid congestion and confusion and be prompt in collecting your child (3.30pm) to avoid anxiety and tears.
Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) Arrangements: If your child is attending before school care, an OSHC staff member will walk them to the Prep Learning Centre where they will be signed in by one of the Prep teachers. The children will then have the opportunity to hang their bags on their pegs and collect what they need before line up. If your child is attending after school care, they will be picked up by an OSHC staff member and taken to the OSHC room.
Managing Morning Separation