Transition - New Students (Years 1 - 6)
A formal Induction program for students transferring to BNPS from another school is managed by our Wellbeing Officer to ensure a smooth transition experience. An induction checklist guides this process and includes:
- A tour of the school
- Introductions to staff members
- An explanation of our Essential Agreement
- An overview of Restorative Practices
- Discussion about the ‘eSmart Internet Acceptable Use’ document
- An explanation of our First Aid procedures (by the School First Aid Officer).
New students are paired with a peer buddy to help them feel comfortable during their first weeks at Beaumaris North Primary School.
Class Representatives are advised of new families so they can be welcomed into the BNPS community and given the appropriate information relating to their new class.