HISTORY

In 1953, with the rapid development of the area and the threat of overcrowding at Beaumaris and Black Rock Primary Schools, the Education Department bought about three hectares of low-lying, swampy, snake-infested, tea tree scrub. It was drained and filled and the copperheads had left by 1958 when the builder started.

In February 1959, 300 students occupied the eight classrooms. In 1961 and 1963, rooms were added to cope with the growing population. Enrolment reached a peak in 1971 with 730 pupils. There are now close to 700 students.

In 2009, Beaumaris North Primary School was successful in Round One of the Primary Schools for the 21st Century element of the Australian Government’s $14.7 billion Building Education Revolution (BER) for a $3,000.000 for a new state of the art learning environment. As a result our Senior Learning Centre was officially opened on Wednesday 3 November 2010. 

We were also successful in the second round of the National School Pride (NSP) program in 2009 and as a result, received $200,000 for refurbishment and repair of our existing buildings.

A Playscape master plan to redevelop our playgrounds was designed by Green & Dale Associates in collaboration with the Playscape Team, School Council and the school community in 2010. Since then, a team of volunteer parents and staff have been working on the master planto see the vision become a reality. Several stages have now been completed entirely by volunteer parents and staff using funds raised entirely by the school community. These stages show the extent of the student and parents’ long term commitment and a great example of what can happen when a team takes ownership of a project.