A - Z Parent Guide
Leaving School During School Hours
If your child needs to leave the school during school hours (e.g. medical appointment), it is necessary for you to:
- Sign yourself in at the Office via the Kiosk, to receive a ‘Visitor Pass’ which should be kept with you for the duration of your visit.
- Collect your child from the classroom (children are not allowed to wait at the gates).
- Return to the Kiosk, follow the prompts to sign yourself out (entering the number on your ‘Visitor Pass’) and then sign your child out (via Kiosk).
In order to minimise disruption to teachers and students, children will not be called over the Public Address system for early pickups unless during recess, lunch or after school.
If your child needs to leave the school during school hours because they are unwell or injured, it is necessary for you to:
- Collect your child from the Office or First Aid Room (children are not allowed to wait at the gates).
- Sign your child out via the Kiosk before leaving.
- Children are not permitted to leave the school during school hours unaccompanied or without being signed out by an adult.
Leave during school hours should NOT be entered by the parent into the Compass Parent Portal – only full-day absences are reported via Compass.