A - Z Parent Guide
Food at School
|Break Time||Food Required|
|Recess (play lunch) – 11.00 - 11.30am||A small healthy snack
|Fruit break – 12.30pm||Fresh fruit or vegetable|
|Lunch – 1.30 - 2.30pm||A healthy lunch|
- Lunch is eaten under teacher supervision in the classroom from 1.30 – 1.40pm – students then head outside (weather permitting)
- Students must sit down while eating – ‘No seat, No eat!’.
- Due to the high risk of cross contamination, food containing nuts should not be sent to school – see Allergies.
- It is extremely important that children only eat their own food – they must not share their food at school.
- Students should wash their hands before and after eating.
- Students should be clear on what to eat from their lunchbox for each break.
- All uneaten food is to be taken home. See Rubbish.
- All food containers should be labelled.
- A Canteen service is conducted each Monday, Wednesday and Friday.