A - Z Parent Guide
Dismissal Time and Procedure
School finishes at 3.30pm (Monday to Friday) – earlier on the last day of the term (2.30pm) and the last day of the year (1.30pm).
Once the bell sounds, children make their way out of their classroom and collect their bags. Every year level has a designated dismissal area which is generally just outside their classroom.
- Prep – in front of the Prep Learning Centre (Wood Street side)
- Year 1 – in front of the Year 1 classrooms (Wood Street side)
- Year 2 – in front of the Year 2 classrooms (under Sherril’s shed)
- Year 3 – on the oval outside the Year 3 classrooms
- Year 4 – outside the Year 4 rooms (Reserve Road end of school)
- Year 5 – outside the Year 5 & 6 Learning Centre
- Year 6 – outside the Year 5 & 6 Learning Centre
All students are expected to leave the school premises immediately after dismissal. Teachers supervise the gate areas from 3.30-3.45pm when all children should have either left to walk home or have been collected by their parent/carer. Students must not be left alone in the school yard after 3:45pm. See Late Collection.
Parents are responsible for their children when they are in the school ground beyond the duty hours of teachers. Please carefully supervise your children on play equipment at this time to prevent injury.
See Yard Duty and Playing in the School Grounds.