All passwords for BNPS students will be distributed along with other learning materials at the start of Term. If you need to request a new copy of your child/rens passwords please contact the Office.
Compass is the online communication portal used by BNPS to broadcast information, collect absence and permission information from parents and guardians, and to distribute your child/rens assessment results and reports. During Remote Learning some additional information regarding lesson plans and learning tasks will also be sent to families using Compass.
Each family typically has a common Compass account name that looks something like this: Smi0004
The link to the Compass login screen is HERE.
Each week the school will publish a form to register for Onsite Supervision. This must be completed as soon as possible each week.
All requests for supervision must be completed and returned to the school by MIDDAY each WEDNESDAY for sessions commencing the following week.
This must be completed on a weekly basis.
Students will not be permitted to attend the school in person unless this form has been submitted.
On-site attendance for registered students starts at 9:00am each school day and concludes at 3:30pm unless otherwise advised.
Remote Learning is learning that occurs beyond the classroom setting. The Department of Education has published detailed information on Learning from Home and related subjects on their COVID-19 advice for parents, carers and guardians page.
During COVID-19 children will work from home. The school will create and communicate schedules that shows what is expected of students in relation to the completion of tasks.
This communication will be through Compass, OneNote or Teams, depending on the year level of your child/ren.
This ‘How to’ video tutorial will take you through the process of accessing Microsoft Teams on your laptop (or mobile device).
This ‘How to’ video tutorial which will take you through the process of accessing Microsoft OneNote on your laptop (or mobile device).
Links to other online learning tools have been included in each child’s stationery pack.
Each family will find in their child/ren’s stationery packs a piece of paper containing their child’s passwords which they will require throughout remote learning.
The Login/Email for Microsoft Office 365 (which includes Microsoft Teams) is your child’s Office 365 Login PLUS @schools.vic.edu.au
Login/Email: ABCD17 would be entered as:
Please don’t hesitate to contact the school should you require any further clarification.
The emotional and physical health and well-being of our students, families, teachers and support staff is everyone’s priority.
BNPS has information on the website describing our Well-being Program.
Should we return to onsite learning, I am not comfortable with my child/ren attending. What can I do about this?
All schools in Victoria are having to adapt to a changing environment and situation caused by the pandemic. Certain families and children may be considered high-risk due to concerns regarding existing medical conditions or other factors.
BNPS will consider these on a case-by-case basis, and will discuss learning options for you based on your family’s situation.
If you have concerns about your child/ren returning to on-site learning, you may:
- Telephone the school on 03-9589-5449 and speak with the front office regarding your concerns.
- Year 3 Mathematics: Number and Algebra Learning Task Feedback March 30, 2021
- Prep ‘The Humanities: Geography Learning Task’ Feedback March 30, 2021
- Year 2 Inside Out Day Monday 29 March March 29, 2021
- Preps Singing At Assembly March 28, 2021
- End Of Term 1 March 28, 2021
- Class Representatives 2021 March 25, 2021
- Entertainment Membership March 25, 2021
- Year 1 English: Speaking and Listening Learning Task March 25, 2021
- Reminder Day Dress Up Day March 25, 2021
- Notification of Staffing Change – Grade 2D March 24, 2021
- Year 4 Visual Arts Learning task March 24, 2021
- Year 3 Visual Arts Learning task March 24, 2021
- Year 2 Visual Arts Learning task March 24, 2021
- Important Information Regarding Incursions/Excursions & Camps March 19, 2021
- 2021 School Council March 18, 2021
- Easter / Birthdays Celebrations March 17, 2021
- LOOKING FOR SOMETHING? January 28, 2021
- Prep First Day January 26, 2021