- Quick Guide for New Families
- A – Z Parent Guide
- Curriculum News
- Fathers’ Activity Club (FAC)
- Outside School Hours Care (OSHC)
- Parent Involvement
- Parents & Friends
- Specialist News
- Term Dates & Student-Free Days
- Uniform Shop
- Year Level Information
Students are expected to wear the BNPS school uniform and should be neat and clean.
The wearing of a school uniform offers the following benefits:
- It’s practical, neat and attractive.
- Avoids the need to wear everyday clothing and therefore is more cost effective for families.
- Encourages students to identify with our school and creates a sense of belonging.
- Greatly increases children’s health and safety in school grounds and on excursions.
- Discourages negative and/or competitive social attitudes, behaviour and dress code.
- Fosters ‘SunSmart’ awareness.
- Allows for easy identification of BNPS students during and after school.
For safety and hygiene reasons:
- Children are NOT permitted to wear thongs. School shoes or runners are suitable footwear.
- We advise students with long hair to neatly tie it back to avoid possible accidents and potential of spreading head lice.
- Elaborate jewellery is not permitted during school hours. A watch and small stud like earrings are acceptable.
We urge you to clearly label ALL garments, in particular jackets and tops so that items can be returned through our Lost Property system. School hats, bags and shoes should also be labelled.
‘Clearly labelled’ means:
- Includes child’s surname (most important)
- The surname is easy to read
- The name is clearly visible in the back neck or back waist
- It contains more than just your child’s initials
Please click here for additional labelling guidelines.
Smart Tags are also available for purchase from the Uniform Shop, to assist students and parents to be reunited with lost property.
Summer and Winter Uniform
- Red or bottle green short sleeve polo shirt with school crest
- Long bottle green shorts or skort
- White/green checked dress
- White socks
- Sports briefs/boxer shorts under school dress (black or green)
- Summer pants or gabardine pants or track pants
- Bomber jacket with school crest (for cooler days)
- School shoes or runners
* All children are required to wear broad brimmed bottle green hats for protection from the sun from September until the end of April. See BNPS SunSmart Policy
- Red or bottle green long or short sleeve polo shirt with crest
- Red or bottle green polar fleece with school crest or bomber jacket
- Bottle green tracksuit pants or gabardine pants
- Long bottle green shorts
- Green winter pinafore
- Skivvy (red, green or white)
- Green tights/stockings (under pinafore)
- White socks
- School shoes or runners
- Polo shirt (red or green) – BNPS Sports Top for Year 5 & 6 students
- Skort (green) or shorts (green)
- Track pants or gabardine pants (green)
- Sports briefs, tights/leggings (black or green) under school dress
- White socks
- Runners/appropriate shoes are to be worn for safety and performance.
- Hats must be worn during Sport from September until the end of April. See BNPS SunSmart Policy
- Children are encouraged to wear their House colours when they participate in House Sports i.e. red, blue, green or gold t-shirt and shorts according to their House colour.
- BNPS will provide a uniform for specific sports e.g. softball, netball, football, etc. For safety reasons, protective equipment appropriate to sporting activities must be worn.
Children in Year 6 purchase a special bomber jacket from the Uniform Shop to wear for their final year at Primary School. The jacket is printed with all the Year 6 children’s names, teachers and the school year.
Waterproof, breathable, light weight, 100% seam sealed, durable polyester fabric rain jacket that packs into side pocket. Available in green.
Students are expected to use a bottle green school bag with the BNPS school crest every day to transport their belongings to and from school. This bag has been deemed ergonomically suitable for children’s backs and posture. Having a standard school bag removes the possibility of diversification and competitiveness with children bringing alternate brand name bags to school.
BNPS Library/excursion bags are lightweight, water-resistant, collapsible bags featuring the school crest. They are great for swimming, sports, and field trips.
The Librarians also strongly encourage the use of these bags (or any other protective bag) for book borrowing purposes.
Red polar fleece beanie (100% polyester) with BNPS school crest.
Fabric button hair tie (green and white check) with quality elastic.
To assist students and parents to be reunited with lost property, we have three items in our uniform range that have ‘Smart Tags’ in them when purchased – our Bomber Jacket, Zip through Polar Fleece and Hat. The Uniform Shop sells packs of 2 or 5 individual tags to sew into your apparel or second-hand uniform items of your choice. Rag Tagd Smart Stickers are now available for labelling lunch boxes and water bottles along with Rag Tagd Smart Hang Tags for School Bags and Cooler Bags.
A Smart Tag/Sticker/Hang Tag is a special label which is fitted with a microchip. Once the unique code on the label has been registered, a free SMS will be sent to you if your child’s garment/item has made its way to Lost Property – preferably for your child to collect!
Garments/Items with Smart Tags should also be clearly labelled with your child’s name so they can recognise the item when collecting it from Lost Property.