Heating and Cooling
All classrooms are individually heated and cooled.
All classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards that cater for the many different learning styles of our children. Laptops are timetabled for use by the whole school and are paired with portable hardware such as digital cameras, printers, scanners, video cameras, microphones and webcams. See ICT Program.
In our Language Room, students develop Japanese language skills and an understanding of Japanese culture through a variety of activities such as language games, origami, songs, cooking and Japanese video/DVDs.
Outside School Hours Care
An Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) program operates before and after school – whole days are offered when the school has a student-free day. The Program is run in various spaces throughout the school including the Art Room, Library, Music Room, Science Room and the outdoor areas of the school including the oval and playgrounds.
Our ongoing Playscape Project has created new playgrounds for all year levels to ensure our children have opportunities every day to connect with their natural environment, climb, run, discover, explore, create and imagine. We have various playgounds to cater for all age groups and abilities including:
- Rope play structure (between the Library and Art Room)
- Playground equipment (near the Library)
- Seahorse Cove – ‘shipwreck deck’, balance beams, log rolls, flip bars, bush shops and stepping logs (Wood Street side)
- Prep playground and sandpit (McDonald Street side)
- Friendship table (near Art Room)
- Music garden (between playground equipment and Sports Shed)
- Climbing equipment (around the oval)
Shade sails and trees provide shade in these areas.
The school grounds provide an aesthetically pleasing learning environment with large open spaces for recreational activities. There is a mix of spaces that cater for both passive and active recreation by students in all year levels and separate areas are set aside for use by junior and senior students. Outdoor seating areas provide the perfect place for students to eat their lunch and enjoy more passive activities. Our Playscape Project and Art Program has brought some fabulous artistic adornment to our school buildings and grounds.
- Large grassed oval
- Ashphalt multicourt
- Synthetic turf court
- Synthetic grass area
- Rebound wall
- Asphalt areas
Senior Learning Centre
Our Senior Learning Centre (Year 5 & 6) has six classrooms, library and media facilities together with meeting and student withdrawal spaces. The classrooms have:
- ICT enriched components with zones for one to one, small group and large group teaching spaces.
- Learning spaces that flow from an internal to external learning court and a wet area.
- Extensive glazing for natural light, visual connectedness and passive supervision.
The library and learning resource centre allows for:
- Online research and learning
- Zones for AV editing
- Resource storage and display
- Presentation and performance space and
- Small group project, games and collaborative space
Toilets are located in the Breezeway at the end of the Prep Learning Centre and at the back of the Art Room.